These days, it is safe to say that Google is the most well-known and widely used search engine around. For those of us who regularly use technology at our jobs or even in our homes, “Google It” has become a very common saying. While most of us are very familiar with the process of “Google-ing” something, there are many other features Google has to offer. They are constantly working on new services and experimenting with new ideas, and here are just a few of the many additional tools Google provides:
- news.google.com – While there are many different news sources on the internet, Google provides a sort of news “Search Engine” where you can view top stories, view stories by category and location, and of course search for news stories using keywords.
- google.com/shopping – If you are shopping around for that certain something online, you can enter your search into Google’s shopping service where you will be able to sort products by price, brand, customer reviews, etc. Compare prices from hundreds of sources all at once!
- google.com/finance – Keep track of all your stocks as well as whats on the rise & the days biggest changes all in one place.
- video.google.com – A search engine just for videos. While Google owns YouTube, this video search also looks through educational video sites such as PBS which makes this search especially helpful for teachers and those in educational fields.
- scholar.google.com – A search specifically for scholarly journals, perfect for students looking for citable, reliable sources when working on research projects.
- books.google.com – Search for books from multiple online sources. This search allows you to preview books, download digital copies, read customer reviews, and helps you find a good deal on a physical copy.
Hopefully you find some of these additional Google services helpful and to view a full list of features Google offers, you can check out their products here.
Leave a Reply